Carpet in Mentor, OH
Think carpet isn’t a good fit for you? Think again: modern carpet brings function, comfort, and design versatility to various settings.
At Carpet One Floor & Home of Mentor, OH, we’re your neighborhood carpet experts with the best carpet brands including:
Our design experts and professional carpet installers can ensure every project is perfection.
Which Type of Carpet Is Best for Me?
Carpet remains popular in residential settings and on stairs, as well as commercial settings.
There are major differences between residential and commercial carpets.
- Berber carpet is most versatile, as it’s stylish and durable enough for most settings.
- Shag carpet is softer but less durable.
- Level loop carpet has a dense, low profile, which makes it great for heavily trafficked areas.
- Patterned carpet has loops and cut fibers of varying heights, resulting in unique patterns.
- Textured carpet has longer fibers resulting in a casual look that's great for home settings.
- Frieze carpet has long, twisted yarns that create dimension and sensation underfoot. It’s exceptionally durable.
- Plush carpet has a more formal appearance because of its thick construction.
Carpet fibers can be comprised of both natural and synthetic materials, including wool, polyester, olefin, nylon, and triexta.
- Nylon is a popular synthetic. Soft and made to last, nylon does need a stain-resistant coating: something to keep in mind.
- Polyester is an affordable synthetic that is soft, but not as durable as nylon carpets. Recent innovations are in the process of changing this.
- Olefin is great for quiet homes that don’t receive heavy foot traffic. Featuring bold, decorative patterns, these carpets are always stylish, but not for hard use.
- Wool is a natural fiber that’s highly coveted. Since it’s from sustainable, renewable sources, wool is preferred by the eco-conscious. It traps harmful allergens and dust particles.
- Triexta is a synthetic fiber extremely tough on stains. Unlike nylon, however, it doesn’t need to be pre-treated to enjoy this benefit.
But What If I Need Carpet for My Office?
No problem! Commercial carpet is extra-durable to manage the foot traffic you’d expect.
Commercial-grade carpet tends to be harder underfoot and resists stains. Carpet tiles are popular in commercial settings because they’re easy to install and maintain. We love carpet tiles since they make less waste, and they’re easy to replace if a single tile is damaged.
Commercial carpet is one of our specialties. In fact, our team has installed carpet in various locations throughout our region, including:
- Funeral Homes
- Medical Offices
- Main Street Small Businesses
Can I Use Carpet If I Have Dogs at Home?
You bet you can!
We cater to all kinds of households by carrying pet proof and pet friendly flooring solutions. Families with active lifestyles and pets need durable, easy-clean flooring. Yes, really- even carpet can be a durable surface that’s resistant to your pet’s accidents.
Having a stain resistant floor means you won’t panic of you don’t notice an accident right away. Pet friendly carpets are made with stain and odor protection, so your guests won’t be able to tell the living room is your four-legged friend’s domain.
What To Know Before Scheduling That Carpet Installation?
Before you schedule that carpet installation with our professionals, it’s best to be fully prepared.
That means making sure your space is a blank canvas. We don’t recommend that you paint your room right before installation: consider doing it a few weeks prior to ensure your walls are completely dry.
Move and tuck away all your artwork and small personal items to a safe space, and disconnect all electrical wiring.
Does My Carpet Need to Be Replaced Or Can I Clean It?
Carpet’s average lifespan is from 5 to 15 years, depending on where it’s located.
Homes with children and pets will experience more wear than homes with quiet lifestyles. While there’s no set way to determine if your carpet needs replacing, there are usually physical indicators that tell you it’s time to replace the carpet.
Certain carpet stains can be cleaned easily, but other accidents may never come out. While you can move furniture to cover them, it’s not always possible to hide stains. Professional carpet cleaning can sometimes remove or dull the stains.
However, stains that have seeped into the carpet cushion can cause unpleasant odors to linger, while mold and mildew are impossible to remove without replacing your carpet.
Browse Carpet Near You in Mentor, Ohio
You’ll love our onsite carpet inventory: we have over sixty rolls of residential carpet onsite on any given day, with a team of helpful experts to guide you all the way to your professional carpet installation.
Want to learn more about our incredible collection of carpet and services? Please visit us soon at 7625 Mentor Avenue in Mentor, OH, or call us today.